An exclusive outlook: “Essentials of the Clinical Mental Health Counseling Profession” offers an inside view of a profession that makes a unique impact on improving wellness and well-being. With the public’s growing awareness that physical wellness is integrated with mental and emotional well-being, Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselors are distinctly effective in contributing to overall health.
LCMHCs are licensed to diagnose and treat mental disorders. They resolve depression, anxiety, trauma, substance use and other compulsive behaviors, and other psychological conditions. Because of their holistic view of individuals and families, these mental health professionals offer evidence-based approaches to achieve greater levels of resilience and life satisfaction.
"Essentials" is organized into two main sections, with seven chapters:
- What Distinguishes Licensed Clinical mental Health Counselors From Other Mental Health Professionals?
- The Fundamental Documents of the Profession
- Career Guidance and the Five Phases of Professional Development for Clinical Mental Health Counselors
- History of the Clinical Mental Health Counseling Profession
- The Future of the Profession
- The American Mental Health Counselors Association
- Other Organizations and Associations Related to Counseling
In addition, the book includes several appendices, each containing an unabridged version of the profession's fundamental documents: it's mission and vision statements, "AMHCA Standards," "Code of Ethics," Statement on Conversion Therapy, Clinical Supervision Disclosure Template, Ethical Decision-Making Model, and The Clinical Mental Health Declaration.